This walking route will take you up to the Malvern Hills.
From the front of Great Malvern Priory:
- From the gateway on Church Street, walk along the path up and to the right, through the graveyard.
- Can you spot the grave of Anne, Darwin's daughter, as you pass through the churchyard? It is a small headstone with rounded top and a relatively clear inscription on it.
- Just before you reach the iron gates at the top of the graveyard, you will pass a medieval preaching cross on your left.
- Go through the gates and continue up hill through the alley to Wells Road.
- When you reach Wells Road, cross over the road and go up the steps immediately opposite you to Belle Vue Island.
- Here you will see information about Great Malvern. A waterspout called Malvhina is at the top of the steps and then, further to your right, an information board and then a statue of Elgar.
- To see the walking directions to the hills from this point click here.
Click here to for a map of the route to the hills.
Click here for more information about Malvern
*/ // -->